Excellent drip coffee, solid build and fast brewing set any BUNN coffee maker apart from the rest. Bunn uses a brewing system that uses an ideal brewing temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit to extract the entire flavor from the coffee. If you live above 5000 feet, you should get a BUNN coffee brewer specially designed for those who live in high altitude. In high altitude, water boils at the lower temperature than in normal condition, because of that the high altitude coffee makers are set to use a lower temperature. One such great coffee maker is BUNN BTX-B(D) ThermoFresh High altitude 10 cup Home Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer.
Features Of BUNN BTX-B(D) ThermoFresh:
- Product dimensions: 7.1 x 15.3 x 13.9 inches
- Item weight: 8 pounds
- Specially designed for high-altitude uses.
- Stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe.
- A uniquely designed spray head.
- Brews 20 to 50 Oz in about 3 minutes.
- Comes with an internal thermostat.
- Comes with two water reservoirs, one upper (for cold water) and one lower (for hot water.
- Simple and minimalistic design.
- The stainless steel vacuum insulated carafe keeps the coffee warm for at least 2 hours
- The build quality is very good. The external material is commercial grade.
- The glossy black stainless steel finish looks very pleasing.
- Takes a very small amount of ground coffee to make some great cups of Joe.
- The remarkably fast brewing is one feature that everyone simply loves. Make four to ten cups of coffee in just 3 minutes.
- Like every BUNN coffee maker, this model brews excellent coffee.
- This coffee maker can also dispense hot water for making some other hot drinks like tea.
- The internal thermostat maintains the temperature of the carafe according to the differing altitude.
- To improve the coffee flavor extraction, BUNN came up with a pointed spray head design.
- The product maintains the North American Electrical Standards.
- The package includes 3 years of protection at just $12.19 and 4 years protection at just $19.04.
- The average customer rating is 4.4 stars out of 5
- This coffee maker is meant to always stay on to keep the heat up to the brewing temperature. And according to the instruction manual, preheating the tank water before brewing is necessary so it may actually take up to 15 minutes. So the 3 minute brewing time can be a little misleading.
- occasionally, the filter overflows if a third party coffee filter is being used.
- The water reservoir stays hot even after few hours of using.
- Is slightly taller than the usual.
Maintenance BUNN BTX-B(D) ThermoFresh:
The coffee maker should be cleaned at least every three months using a very mild soap and water. The decanter should be cleaned every day to maintain the taste of the coffee. And if there’s any problem with the machine, just call and BUNN will be there to take care of it.
Except for those few flaws, this coffee maker is really good. According to some users the flavor and the taste is a little weak, but if the coffee beans are ground finely, that won’t be a problem. All in all, this entire coffee brewer is certainly worth considering.